In Namibia’s thriving cattle farming industry, the well-being of your livestock is paramount. One essential aspect of cattle health management is vaccination, and MSD Supavax 100ml emerges as a reliable solution. In this blog post, we will outline a detailed year-round dosing program for cattle breeders in Namibia, focusing on the use of MSD Supavax 100ml to safeguard your herd’s health.
MSD Supavax 100ml: Your Trusted Cattle Health Solution
MSD Supavax 100ml is a vaccine from MSD Animal Health, a globally recognized leader in animal health solutions. This vaccine is designed to protect cattle from prevalent infectious diseases in Namibia’s unique environment. By incorporating MSD Supavax 100ml into your dosing program, you can provide robust protection against:
- Blackleg and Clostridial Diseases: Safeguard your herd from the devastating impact of blackleg and other clostridial diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Reduce the risk of respiratory diseases caused by Pasteurella and Mannheimia, which can negatively affect cattle health and productivity.
- Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR): Prevent the spread of IBR, a highly contagious viral disease that can lead to respiratory and reproductive issues in cattle.
- Bovine Viral Diarrhea (BVD): Mitigate the risk of BVD, which can manifest with various clinical signs and affect cattle of all ages.
Now, let’s dive into a detailed year-round dosing program tailored to the needs of cattle breeders in Namibia.
Year-Round Dosing Program for Cattle Breeders in Namibia
Month 1 (January): Initial Vaccination
- Commence your dosing program in January to ensure year-round protection.
- Administer the initial dose of MSD Supavax 100ml to all cattle, including calves.
- Ensure that pregnant cows receive the vaccine to provide passive immunity to their calves through colostrum.
Month 2 (February): Booster Vaccination
- Administer the first booster dose of MSD Supavax 100ml to all cattle.
- Continue to vaccinate pregnant cows to maintain passive immunity for their offspring.
- Evaluate the health status of your herd and address any specific concerns.
Month 6 (June): Second Booster Vaccination
- Provide the second booster dose of MSD Supavax 100ml to all cattle, including calves.
- Assess the overall health of your herd, paying attention to any disease outbreaks or other health issues.
Month 12 (December): Annual Revaccination
- Conduct an annual revaccination in December, ensuring all cattle receive their regular doses of MSD Supavax 100ml.
- Review and update your herd’s health records.
- Consult with a veterinarian for a thorough health assessment if needed.
Throughout the Year: Ongoing Health Management
- Maintain meticulous records of vaccinations, including dates, doses, and cattle identification.
- Conduct regular health checks and consult with a veterinarian for expert guidance on disease prevention, nutrition, and other health-related matters.
A comprehensive year-round dosing program, with the inclusion of MSD Supavax 100ml, is essential for cattle breeders in Namibia to ensure the health and productivity of their herds. By following this detailed program and consulting with veterinary experts, you can proactively safeguard your cattle against infectious diseases and build a thriving cattle farming operation. Agrimark Namibia is here to support you with the highest quality products and expert advice on cattle health management throughout the year.